How to create physical IDE disk in VMware
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

How to create physical IDE disk in VMware

Yesterday, I've tried to install Windows XP in VMware 6.0. I've tried to use physical hard disk in VMware. But every time I create, VMware won't let me choose the option of IDE or SCSI. Instead, it only let me select in SCSI whether I want Bus logic or LSI logic.

So I googled around and found out that I've to edit VMware hard disk configuration file manually as follows.

ddb.adapterType = "ide"
ddb.geometry.sectors = "63"
ddb.geometry.heads = "16"
ddb.geometry.cylinders = "16383"


And I delete these lines in VMware config file .vmx.

scsi0.present = "TRUE"
scsi0.virtualDev = "lsilogic"
scsi0:1.present = "TRUE"
scsi0:1.fileName = "disk-2.vmdk"
scsi0:1.deviceType = "rawDisk"


Your config file might not look exactly as mine. But you know what to look and how to change. Any question? You can contact me via contact form or leave a comment.


Reference : VMware forum
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: