Speed up when you open my computer
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Speed up when you open my computer

When you open my computer or Windows Explorer, you notice sometimes it take more time than normally it would.

There could be many reasons behind. But one of the reasons includes Windows search for Network folders and printers. By making Windows not to search for Network folders and printers, you can speed up your computer a bit. Note this tip apply only to Windows XP not Vista.

For me, I am using my laptop at work and at my home with different network folders. Each time I opened Windows Explorer, it would search for the unavailable network folders and printers. Searching the unavailable folders and printers take more time than available one. As Windows don't have any idea of whether I'm at home or at work, I disable at Folder options.




If I need to open my Network folders or to use network printers, I manually connect it again.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: