Paint can create ico files
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Paint can create ico files

I'm a big fan of MS Paint for its simplicity. And Paint is available in all Windows after all. But I didn't realize that Paint can create ico files too.

Whenever I tried to save a file in paint, I drop down file types available and I've never seen .ico, so I thought I can't save it. But you know, if you give file name with .ico, Paint create icon files for you.

icon-saveas

You can use those icon files for your folders or even for favico. It's cool!!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 comments:

    On 9:43 AM Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
    On 11:08 AM Anonymous said...

    I hate to disappoint you, but this is not true. It is still saved in the selected format and not as an .ico despite having that extension.

     
    On 11:08 AM Jason said...

    well, as far as I have tested, I can use those ico files as folder icon. That's what I mean in my article

     
    On 8:14 PM Anonymous said...

    TO SAVE A PICTURE AS AN ICO FILE IN PAINT, YOU NEED TO USE QUOTATION MARKS AROUND THE FILE NAME:

    ie. "Test.ico"

    SAVING THE FILE AS Test.ico WITHOUT THE QUOTES WILL SAVE THE FILE AS A BITMAP.