How to fix Google Sitemap error for blogger feed redirects to feedburner
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com
After I have used feedburner for my feeds, I have setup feed redirect in the Settings -->> Site feed as follow.
feed redirect blogger

After two or three days, when I login to my Google Webmaster account, I have got the following warnings in my sitemap error.
sitemap with warnings

When I click to view the warnings in details, I saw this:
Line: 2 Invalid XML: too many tags - Too many tags describing this tag.
Line: 2 Incorrect namespace - Your Sitemap or Sitemap index file doesn't properly declare the namespace.


It made me very frustrated. Feedburner isn't compatible with Google's Blogger services? After talking with my geek friends and emailing to Google, I have got the following solution.
  • 1. I have to delete the old sitemap.
  • 2. After that, I add new sitemap with ?redirect=false

That's it! Since then, I can see my sitemap with errors or warnings free as below.
sitemap-corrected
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 comments:

    On 3:48 PM Fin said...

    A slightly-better solution is to sort by updated date:

    http://www.bridgetonova.com/atom.xml?orderby=updated

    This won't redirect, and it has the bonus of putting changed posts -- even if they're old -- in front of crawlers.

     
    On 3:11 AM Jason said...

    thanks for your suggestion.

    I'll try that out!

     
    On 11:21 PM BeeTin said...

    i've changed my sitemap as you taught...
    hopefully, i will not see any errors anymore..
    anyway, thanks for the tips!

     
    On 9:01 AM Jason said...

    hey, cozuni, you can try Pete tip also, ?orderby=updated

     
    On 7:43 AM ITARY said...

    thanks for the tips, hope it will work out.

     
    On 1:51 PM Anonymous said...

    good tip, thanks!