How I speed up my Vista
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

How I speed up my Vista

I have noticed Windows Vista built-in indexing service eat up my computer resource from time to time. Usually at night, while my computer is idle. It is ok to use all the resources while the computer is idle, but my computer has got extra cooling fan that turn on when CPU usage over around 70%. So that Vista eating resource really bothers me at night.

But thanks GOD! Not anymore. From 10 vista speed tweaks, I've used only one and turn out my Vista performance very great.

Disable Unnecessary Windows Features

You can view and disable features that you don't need.

  • Click Start Menu then Control Panel
  • Select Programs and Features
  • On the left panel, select Turn Windows Features on or off
I uncheck these features as I won't use them:
  • Indexing Service ( I took risk by assuming I won't need search feature badly)
  • Remote Differential Compression ( At home, I don't have any network)
  • Tablet PC Optional Components ( I am using PC, not tablet)
  • Windows Fax & Scan (I've got broadband, no need to use fax modem)
  • Windows Meeting Space (Nah, I prefer Skype Video conference)

That's it! Up to now, I don't hear annoying CPU fan running while sleeping at night anymore.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: