Why don't I use Linux
WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Why don't I use Linux

Most people ask me why don't I blog about Linux anything at all? I don't know Linux or why? Okay, I will refer to this one of PC world user responds:

Linux versus Windows XP Don't make me laugh! Like your writer, I took a long look at one of the latest versions of Linux (Red Hat Linux 9 in my case). The OS installed nicely, but it took me no less than 1.5 hours to get online with my dial-up connection--after 2 hours of getting my modem configured. Installing software? Don't look for the .zip files you may be used to, and once you get downloaded files unpacked, don't expect them to set up painlessly the way Windows apps do.

After two weeks of this nonsense, I went back to Windows XP. I'll take its ease of use and hardware compatibility any time.
Yeah, that feedback goes almost the same for me, except for the fact that I have tried many Linux distros not just Red Hat Linux 9. You don't have to believe me, you can try yourself.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments:

    On 4:17 AM Anonymous said...

    Hi
    Nice blog and nice articles , about this one , i may disagree with you after using linux for a few months , you really should have a try to this distro " DreamLinux Multimedia G: Edition 2.2 " from www.dreamlinux.com.br , also try Ubuntu .
    I have tested both 2 destros and not running windows since installed DreamLinux , im just running windows to have Internet Download Manager run and download my wrestling weekly events from RapidShare ;)